The CSP provides financial assistance for medical care to approved individuals. Types of medical financial assistance include:
- Assistance for individuals requiring travel for medical treatment, including interstate travel.
- Airfares that are not covered be the Patient Assistance Travel Scheme due to the individual having missed a previous flight. If the individual misses the flight provided by the CSP under this category, the CSP will not provide any further airfares or food vouchers to the individual
Fortnightly payments to individuals staying in Darwin for medical treatment, including the payment of that individuals electricity bills.
A food voucher to an individual returning from a stay in hospital of one week or longer, on their return to the Groote Archipelago.
For chronically ill individuals the program will:
- Continue to support renal dialysis services on-archipelago
- Provide two return airfares for visits to the Groote Archipelago per annum to individuals residing off-archipelago and within the Northern Territory.
- Airfares and reasonable transit costs for household goods for the individual and one approved carer/other person to relocate to the Groote Archipelago
For terminally ill individuals, the program:
- Provides one airfare to the Groote Archipelago if they reside off-archipelago
- Provides a monthly food voucher to the individual or the carer, to be used for the benefit of the individual
- Ensures accommodation of the individual is clean, comfortable and adequate for the needs of the individual
The CSP provides airfares for up to four family members of a severely traumatised or terminally ill individual who is off-archipelago:
- This includes a one off interstate travel allowance payment to each individual travelling and;
- A travel allowance for each two week period the patient continues to travel
The CSP program provides one return airfare to each individual and up to three family members of the individual attending a Care Plan consultation in Darwin. If the flight is missed by the individual or any family members of the individual, the CSP will not cover any replacement or future flights under this category for that individual or family member.