About the role
The ALC has an exciting opportunity at our Forestry, Milling & Men’s Shed program located in Angurugu, Groote Eylandt, with accommodation and relocation assistance provided to the successful applicant.
Working as part of our Forestry, Milling & Men’s Shed team, you will assist with training and supporting the program staff to achieve both their own personal goals, and the established goals and desired outcomes for the program, in upskilling the team, and continuing to develop the programs production and productivity.
The primary objective of this position is to upskill the program employees to be able to meet industry standards to successfully obtain relevant qualifications or demonstrated proficiencies and develop transferrable skills that can be taken into other workplace environments within the timber or building industries.
This role will work closely with the Traditional Owner employees and local communities to increase their engagement with the program to develop the skills and knowledge that they need to successfully gain qualifications and proficiencies in the industry.
For more information regarding this opportunity and remuneration package, please email email@example.com or call 074242 1172.
- Trade qualifications in building, cabinetry or similar industry, or equivalent skills and experience.
- Experience, skills and understanding of woodwork and woodworking equipment, including a four-sided moulder.
- Experience mentoring Traditional Owners.
- Ability to proactively manage the WHS requirements of workspaces by adhering to relevant codes of practice and organisational policies and procedures.
- A proven ability to communicate, build and maintain strong and effective relationships within a remote indigenous community.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation, with an ability to motivate and lead a team.
- A valid and current HR drivers’ licence.
- Chainsaw and working at risk card.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Experience with computer programs including MS Word and Excel.
- Previous experience living and working within a remote indigenous community.
Pre-employment screening, including an AFP criminal record check, may be undertaken on the person who is being recommended for appointment.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org