The ALC is seeking a full time Administration Officer to join our Language Centre. Based in the Angurugu Language Centre, the Administration Officer will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support and management of the Language Centre.
Accommodation is not provided with this position.
- Provide general administrative support to ensure the efficient running of the Language Centre, including reception and general office duties.
- Develop and maintain an effective and efficient filing system for the Language Centre, and improve existing administrative systems and procedures.
- Manage the Language Centre calendar, scheduling appointments, meetings and events.
- Prepare and organise weekly timesheets for the Language Centre.
- Organising logistics for Language Centre meetings and events, including minute taking when required.
- Provide support and training to Indigenous colleagues, particularly in regard to computer and financial literacy.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Excellent computer literacy, and experience with office management software (e.g., MS Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural, team environment.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks, problem solve and ask questions when needing further clarification.
- Possess a current NT driver license or ability to obtain.
- Experience in mentoring and providing support to Indigenous staff.
Pre-employment screening, including an AFP criminal record check, may be undertaken on the person who is being recommended for appointment.
For more information, please email email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org