The Groote Eylandt Bickerton Island Primary College Aboriginal Corporation (GEBIPCAC) is formally registered through the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations. The founding Board has been nominated through extensive community consultation to ensure equitable representation and to survey for preferences of the operation of the Independent Boarding School (IBS). The IBS will provide an educational and boarding facility within the Groote Archipelago where children receive a bilingual education and experience a culturally appropriate education deliverance model.
GEBIPCAC has finalised a Business Plan and Strategic Plan to define the directions and articulate the direction and operation of the school. GEBIPCAC has also finalised a DRAFT registration application
The Anindilyakwa Land Council and GEBIPCAC are signatories to a Local Decision Making Agreement with the Northern Territory Government. The objectives of the Agreement include identifying the services and priorities which the Anindilyakwa people wish to have control over and take responsibility for and for NT Government agencies to commit to collaborating with the ALC through an Implementation Plan.
About the role
The Multimedia Resource Production Officer works directly with the Resource Development Lead to develop multimedia resources for bilingual programs across the Groote Archipelago. The Resource Development team will play an integral role in the designing, developing, cataloguing and sharing of resources for the Anindilyakwa Bilingual Curriculum in preparation for the Independent Boarding School, focusing on upper primary students. The bilingual resources will also be used by schools in the Groote archipelago as part of the Anindilyakwa literacy lessons.
The Resource Development team will be responsible for ensuring that the resources required for the Independent Boarding School program and other bilingual school programs within the Groote archipelago are development and delivered within required timeframes. This position reports to the Education Manager.
Accommodation is not provided with this position.
- Experience and background in the creation of high-quality multimedia resources for use in schools
- Video editing and graphic design competence (e.g., Premiere Pro)
- Proven all-round IT and technical skills.
- Experience in maintaining and managing multimedia equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural, team environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Possess a current NT driver license or ability to obtain.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience working with Australian Indigenous people
- Experience with Aboriginal education in a remote community
How to apply
How to apply To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to HumanResources@alcnt.com.au
Applications close 16 May 2021